Roger Arnold wrote:

Hello Ken,

Thanks for the reply and help, please find results below

Ken Jones wrote:

> burrett wrote:
> >
> > Roger Arnold wrote:
> >
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I need to check that pop3 is authenticating passwords properly to
> > temporary domains, however I am not sure of how email travels through
> > qmail - vpopmail.
>
> These are two different things
> 1) pop authentication
> telnet hostname 110
> user "enter your user@domain here"
> pass "enter your password"
> If it says OK each time then it authentication.

OK, this is working and I am able to telnet in using the above parrameters

> 2) Email delivery
> echo "to: user@domain" | /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject

This is also working, so I guess authentication is functioning and mail is
being delivered internally

> It should show up in the users Maildir/new directory.
> If not, look at your qmail-send log file for answers.
>
> 3) Mail delivery from the outside world.
>    This depends on your DNS. Which is another issue :)

Mail delivery from the outside world is also working, as the mail sent is
arriving in the users Maildir directory

So now I am really stuck, Qmailadmin still will not let anyone in, and
basically says that username/password is wrong, even though I have just
confirmed it works.
Should I try reinstalling Qmailadmin and see if that works?
As far as httpd.conf is concerned what configuration for qmailadmin would be
in there?
Also what permissions would stop qmailadmin authenticating a user?
I have just done a straight install, however does it make any difference if
the install is performed by an ordinary user or by root, because thats the
only thing I can think of that would alter permissions?

Again thanks for your help

Regards
Roger