There are probably better ways to increase the speed of
bulk adds. But, here are my stats

1 nfs server
1 mysql server
1 email server

two programs doing concurrent inserts of users. Averages
about 10 users per second. Which is about 50 mysql
transactions per second. transactions:
1) mysql checks if the user is there
2) read in the dir_control information for the domain
3) update the dir_control information for the domain
4) mysql inserts the user, users directory is created(nfs)
5) mysql updates the last_auth table (i enabled last auth)

Probably we could remove the first transaction for
checking on the user by letting mysql error out
on the insert, but that involves changing around
the code for all the auth modules.

The other thing is we could read in the dir_control
information once, and write it out at the end of
adding all the users, but then you couldn't do
concurrent additions.