Actually, 4.10.35 is the version I am using. Also, this is a fresh install
so I have nothing to backup :)

Perhaps there are setup steps I am missing? What I am seeing is that when I
add a domain, the ou=mydomain.com is added to my LDAP tree. However, I get
this "Error: Unable to chdir to vpopmail/users directory" (I am logged in as
root at the time).

Also, the ou is added to the root of my tree as "ou=mydomain.com,
dc=myserver, dc=com". But in the vldap.h
I set:
#ifdef OLD_VLDAP
   #define VLDAP_BASEDN "ou=users, dc=mydomain, dc=com"
#else
   #define VLDAP_BASEDN "ou=%s, ou=users, dc=mydomain, dc=com"
#endif

Finally, I have noted in the vldap.h reference to user attributes. I am
assuming there is a schema-file somewhere which adds these attributes to my
OpenLDAP server?

TIA,

Steve B.

PS - I am writing instructions for co-workers as I set this up - if I can
get it running, I would be happy to share them with the vchkpw community!