Hi,

I noticed that Postfix is now mentioned rather prominently on the Inter7
site under vpopmail...

While I like qmail, a number of things about it annoy me a bit; mainly the
fact that it's a bit out of date and that you have to apply a large number
of patches to bring in standard features like smtp-auth and ssl.  And when
you combine all these, it's quite a mess to get all the patches to apply
cleanly.  To add fuel to the fire, djb occasionally likes to call all the
patches "crap", but refuses to review them or incorporate these features
into qmail.  I do appreciate all that djb has done, I'm just trying to
decide what will best fit my needs in the future.

That being said, I know Wietse, the postfix author, is a bit more
level-headed and open-minded.  Postfix has most of what I want out of the
box, and it's being actively developed...

So, anyone using postfix with vpopmail/vchkpw?  What problems did you
encounter?  I assume sqwebmail and courier-imap will work fine with it.
It seems the only thing you miss out on is qmailadmin.  If that's correct,
what are you using in place of qmailadmin?  Anything else to look out for?

Thanks,

CS

-ps Not trying to harsh on mr DJB, I recently moved to tinydns/dnscache,
and I find it perfect as-is, and a wonderful replacement for BIND.