> So, anyone using postfix with vpopmail/vchkpw? What problems did you
> encounter? I assume sqwebmail and courier-imap will work fine with it.
> It seems the only thing you miss out on is qmailadmin. If that's correct,
> what are you using in place of qmailadmin? Anything else to look out for?

I did a complete integration of postfix with vpopmail 4.9.8, and not in the
way described on inter 7 site, where postfix merely injects mail into
qmail's queue, but by having postfix deliver the message directly to
vdelivermail. At  that time I have provided Ken with the full details of the
config. The problem is, that in the 5.0 release, vdelivermail expects
seekable input, unlike the prevous version, and postfix does not provide
this (like a lot of other programs, procmail being the most used among
them). A couple of months ago someone on the list has posted a message that
he managed to get vdelivermail not to require seekable input, but he didn't
provide the patch to us. I have managed to transfer normal piped input to
seekable input by using seekablepipe
(http://www.skarnet.org/software/qmail-local-mda/seekablepipe), but i wasn't
sure wheither it's safe to use it in a production system, and surely this
would have a noticable impact on performance. I have provided ken with my
latest config also, including the patch to vdelivermail to be able to
recieve the recipient of the email on command line, and not from the
enviropment - he told me that it would go into the 5.1 release.

I will gladly accept any help that you can provide with this, because of all
the reasons described in the last email - qmail is a great mta, but probably
a little out of date.

Alex.