I'm having a bit of an issue with vpopmail 5.0.

The server is a PIII 850 with 256 Mb of RAM.
We are running a fair amount of traffic through this server, the vpopmail
concurrency limit is set to 1000 and the mysql max_connections
variable is set to 1000.  The problem is that throughout the day POP
authentication will occasionally fail, but if retried it will succeed.
I don't think that it is an issue of concurrency because the logs don't seem
to reflect this.  We have approximatly 6000 users using the system.
I'm not real sure where to start looking for this problem and curious if
anyone else has experienced this.
All help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael Grubb