vpopmail doesn't seem to handle properly domains with many,many users.
if i add one or more users, the # of users displayed by the vdominfo
program isn't incremented, but everything else works (maildir creation,
sending/receiving emails for that user,etc.)

i've found also that the weird path comes from the dir_control table,
specifically the field called the_dir: on my installation, the value is
'0//'.

apparently, the code in vpopmail related to the bigdir feature isn't
working

does someone has any clue on why vpopmail is behaving this way?
is this related to my domain having to many users?