> > I believe you're using the wrong MTA if you don't like patches.  :-)
> > Qmail is the "a patchy mail server" of mail servers.

> I keep hoping that will change sometime soon. :) I guess no-one has
> released a patch that everyone just can't do without though.

I've put together a monster patch which is a composite of all of these
patches:

badmailunk
badrcptto
qmail-queue-patch
accept-5xx
conredirect
qmail-1.03-mfcheck.3.patch
qmail-103-bigdns
tarpit
ext_todo-20020504
nullenvsender-recipcount
qmail-0.0.0.0
qmail-1.03-qmtpc
qmail-bouncecontrol
qmail-1.03-tls
netscape-progress
qmail-send.mimeheaders
qmail-pop3d+vpomail

So far, so good.  :-)

> That says a lot for qmail's original design, which I like.

I agree.  However there are a lot of little things (as seen in the patchlist
above) which I wish would be rolled in to the next qmail release.  I don't
think that's going to happen, though.  DJB seems happy with qmail the way it
is and to be honest, any changes means he has to check it all over again for
security.  Not fun.

Regards,
Andrew