On Friday, February 21, 2003, at 10:26 AM, Jesse Guardiani wrote:

Bill,

Maybe this would be a good time to ask this question (I've
asked it once before, but never got an answer):

How does the development/production releas process work here?

When does inter7 release a new production version?

Is there back porting involved? Or does inter7 one day say,
"hey, I think we should release a new production release!"

Just like most OSS packages. When it's ready. Ken makes the call, I just organize development releases. Backporting is only done if there is a major bug found, but the dev release isn't ready for production yet. I did this with the vgetent problems in 5.2, for example. That's the only time I'm aware of it, though.

Regards,

Bill Shupp