On Friday 21 February 2003 16:04, Bill Shupp wrote:
> On Friday, February 21, 2003, at 10:26  AM, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> > Bill,
> >
> > Maybe this would be a good time to ask this question (I've
> > asked it once before, but never got an answer):
> >
> > How does the development/production releas process work here?
> >
> > When does inter7 release a new production version?
> >
> > Is there back porting involved? Or does inter7 one day say,
> > "hey, I think we should release a new production release!"
>
> Just like most OSS packages.  When it's ready.  Ken makes the call, I
> just organize development releases.  Backporting is only done if there
> is a major bug found, but the dev release isn't ready for production
> yet.  I did this with the vgetent problems in 5.2, for example.  That's
> the only time I'm aware of it, though.

I'm not try to be a smart A#% or anything, but how do you know it's ready
if you keep adding new functionality? Is there a scheduled code freeze?

Thanks,

Jesse

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,

We are actively looking for companies that do a lot of long
distance faxing and want to cut their long distance bill by
up to 50%.  Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] for more info.