Nothing in the pop3d log since 3/4, when this all started. If I just run the 'run' script it starts supervising pop3d, but it still only runs 1 sec at max. netstat -p -l shows nothing on port 110. The -x option to tcpserver is straight from Dave Sill's script that he sends with The Qmail Handbook, and it was working before so I think it is safe. When I just do this part of the run file:

~# /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup uptimecomputing.com \
/home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw \
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir 2>&1

I get to a login, I give it a good USER/PASS and then it says:

-ERR this user has no $HOME/Maildir

Looks like it doesn't know where to look for Maildirs anymore. I can't figure out why yet.

Clayton Weise writes:

Well.. for one thing, I've never seen qmail-pop3d used with the -x option,
so I'm not sure how tcpserver handles that. I can't say for sure whether it
would work or not. One thing is simply to try and run that script as-is and
see what errors you get (if any). Also, check your pop3d log files and see
if they report any errors. And last, but not least, make sure that no other
applications are listening on port 110.