authdaemond simply caches authentication information so that
you arent required to call the authentication module as
frequently (which in theory, would be more efficient).
However, Ive never seen this to be required.  If authdaemon
is disabled, it simply talks to the authentication module.

Howard Miller wrote:
Aha.... I have been having this problem, and have just come in halfway through the conversation...

Can somebody spell this out for me a bit more please?

Is that --without-authdaemond in sqwebmail? In which case how does it verify the user... or am I being stupid and missing something completely??

Thanks