Hello Everyone,

I am writing in response to someone that asked how we seamlessly
integrated squirrelmail and qmailadmin using iframes and so a user
doesn't have to login to each application after initially logging in.

This was a pretty simple task using PHP.

Instruction:

First we created our administrative shell.  This contained a header and
a footer in two separate PHP files.

Next we created our own login.php file that asked for a username and
password.  This script included the header.php and the footer.php

Once a person submits the login form contained in the login.php page, we
use PHP pop functions to authenticate them on our mail servers.  If
there is a successful authentication, we break the email address apart
into 3 variables.  The variables are username, domainname, and password.

These variable are then added into a session and the users gets
redirected to our squirrmail.php login script.

Our squirmail.php script includes our header.php script, the line for
the Iframe that points to the squirmail login script and our footer.php
script.

Our header.php script keeps the session running.  At the top of the page
in the header script we have a navigation bar with 2 icons in it.  The
icons point to our squirmail.php and our qmailadmin.php scripts.

Our qmailadmin.php script is setup exactly like out squirrelmail.php
script.  It contains the header that keeps the seesion information and a
line that includes the Iframe that points to the qmailadmin login script
and our footer.php script.

The two icons in the header that allow you to switch between the two
different application have dtnamic links that get built by the
information stored in the session.  So basically the username and
password get passed through the links when they are clicked.  The links
are built and populated via the session variables.

This all works like a charm.

I realize I could have been a little clearer explaining this, but I
figure most of you with programming experience should be able to figure
it out.

I hope this helps.

Justin C.