Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 14:00:00 +0300 (WET)
From: Evren Yurtesen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Devendra Singh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED], Sunil Soni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [vchkpw] ETRN / serialmail-AUTOTURN with vpopmail - How to ?

you shouldnt have a domain in vpopmail when you use serialmail... so you can delete the lines. qmail will queue all the email which come to a domain into the autoturn directory you give to it, the client should have a static ip address which will connect to qmail-smtp, when the client connects, serialmail knows this client from the autoturn directory and will push all the emails from that clients autoturn directory to the client. etc. This approach has the drawback of queing mails for users which do not exist.

Evren

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Devendra Singh wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I have Installed qmail 1.03+vpopmail 5.3.20+mysql with SMTP-AUTH patch with
> several Virtual Domains. I have also Installed serialmail.
>
> But, How do I invoke the serialmail for one domain.
>
> The AUTOTURN documentation says to put the line:
>
> +autoturn-:qmaild:7770:2108:/var/qmail/autoturn:-::
>
> into the file /var/qmail/users/assign and asks to run qmail-pw2u
>
> but I already have following into the file /var/qmail/users/assign
>
> +del3.intermesh.net-:del3.intermesh.net:89:89:/home/vpopmail/domains/del3.intermesh.net:-::
> +del4.intermesh.net-:del4.intermesh.net:89:89:/home/vpopmail/domains/del4.intermesh.net:-::
> .
>
> How do I make the serialmail functional for the del4.intermesh.net
> (remember that I also have functional SMTP-AUTH Patch) ?
>
> My existing /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-smtpd/run is as below

Does that mean that i have to remove all entries from the "/var/qmail/users/assign" ? Would I be able to use autoturn for some domains and normal pop3 / imap for others ?

If anyone could elaborate a further more !

What's your opinion about an alternative called "vodmr" from http://romana.now.ie/vodmr ?

---