another alternative is TWIG - http://twig.screwdriver.net . nice clean interface, and lots of functionality.

personally, i hated installing Horde/IMP - there's about a hundred and one dependencies, so i spent a couple of days installing all manner of little programs that IMP requires just to compile the damn thing.

i offer my customers four webmail interfaces to choose from (Squirrel, IMP, TWIG, and sqwebmail)...