I'd like to get vpopmail working with authenticating against mysql... I have a working version of mysql that Id rather not break:

Excuse me if I include too much info : Im not sure what is and isnt relevent:

mysql  Ver 12.21 Distrib 4.0.14, for pc-linux (i686)
Server version:         4.0.14-standard
Protocol version:       10
Connection:             Localhost via UNIX socket
UNIX socket:            /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

I compiled with ./configure --enable-mysql=y

when I run add domain I get:

Please enter password for postmaster:
enter password again:
could not connect to mysql update server Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: YES) with database
could not connect to mysql update server Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: YES)
vmysql: sql error[c]: MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: sql error[b]: MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: sql error[3]: MySQL server has gone away

I have a database called vpopmail and a user vpopmail that has (I believe got access to this db).. but looking at this error message makes me wonder... does "Access denied for user: " mean that the database has been found just that its not allowing the user to authenticate?

Im lost..

Regards

Jon

Express yourself with cool emoticons - download MSN Messenger today! http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger