----- Original Message -----
From: "Evren Yurtesen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "System" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2003 11:57 PM
Subject: Re: [vchkpw] Outlook Cannot Authenticate Virtual Mail Account

> your problem seems to be with your POP3 server. Not directly about
> vpopmail. Is that UW-IMAP pop3 server? I would suggest trying courier-imap
> pop3d, I think that would be most widely used with vpopmail and with
> Maildir format.
> if still doesnt work then perhaps your imap server cant read some files or
> something... its difficult to tell more for me, hopefully somebody who use
> the same imap package can help you better.
> You can try to run your imap server in debugging mode etc. too that would
> greatly help in learning where the error is
I am using pop3/imap as a xinetd service and here are the settings :
# default: off
using \
#              an IMAP client such as Mutt, Pine, fetchmail, or Netscape \
#              Communicator.
service imap
{
        disable = no
        socket_type             = stream
        wait                    = no
        user                    = root
        server                  = /usr/sbin/imapd
        log_on_success  += HOST DURATION
        log_on_failure  += HOST
}

# default: off
#              using an POP3 client such as Netscape Communicator, mutt, \
#              or fetchmail.
service pop3
{
        disable = no
        socket_type             = stream
        wait                    = no
        user                    = root
        server                  = /usr/sbin/ipop3d
        log_on_success  += HOST DURATION
        log_on_failure  += HOST
}

Should i disabled the above to work with Imap i installed just now ?

After Disabling the above outlook still didnt work here are my Imap
configure settings :
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/courier-imap --disable-root-check --without-
authpam --without-authldap --with-authpwd --with-authmysql --without-authpgs
ql --with-authshadow --without-authuserdb --without-authcustom --without-aut
hcram --without-authdaemon --with-authvchkpw
make
make install
make install-configure

How do run imap in debg mode can u help ?

Tina.

> Evren
>
> On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, System wrote:
>
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I am on Redhat 7.3 with Qmail+vPopMail+QmailAdmin.
> >
> > I want to use Outlook Express for my mails but vpopmail is not
> > authenticating the mail account from outlook.
> > These are my configure options :

./configure --enable-roaming-users=y --enable-default-domain=domain.com --en

[EMAIL PROTECTED] --enable-logging=y --enable-defaultquota=2

0971520S --enable-ip-alias-domains=y --enable-passwd=y --enable-clear-passwd

=n --enable-domain-quotas=n --enable-mysql=y --enable-incdir=/usr/include/my

sql --enable-libdir=/usr/local/lib/mysql --enable-many-domains=n --enable-au

th-logging=y --enable-mysql-logging=y --enable-valias=y --enable-mysql-limit
> > s=n
> >
> > I have tried using POP3 and IMAP but still it Fails the maillog shows :
> >
> > Aug 31 00:08:31 eric ipop3d[12670]: pop3 service init from
66.xxx.xxx.123
> > Aug 31 00:08:35 eric ipop3d[12670]: Command stream end of file while
reading
> > line [EMAIL PROTECTED] host=[61.11.23.201]
> >
> > I tried this :
> >
> > telnet domain.com 110
> > Trying 66.xxx.xxx.123...
> > Connected to domain.com.
> > Escape character is '^]'.
> > +OK POP3 [66.xxx.xxx.123] v2001.78rh server ready
> > user [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > +OK User name accepted, password please
> > pass postme
> > -ERR Bad login
> > -ERR Autologout; idle for too long
> > Connection closed by foreign host.
> >
> > I have checked for the Archives and Recompiled
with --enable-roaming-users=y