On Thursday, September 11, 2003, at 10:21 PM, Don Walters wrote:

I am trying to wipe out everything and start from scratch. I tried using "drop database vpopmail;" and creating it again using the instructions to install vpopmail, but I'm unable to add the same domains back again. It keeps saying the domain already exists. If I try to use the command vdeldomain to remove it, it says the domain doesn't exist!

The reason I didn't use vdeldomain in the first place is because I had to reload everything all over again and I was installing over the top of a previous installation. I think all I need to do is wipe the slate and start adding my domains back into a clean database.

How can I be assured that I'm wiping out everything and starting fresh?

In addition to removing the database/recreating it, remove the domain directory, and the entry from /var/qmail/users/assign and run /var/qmail/bin/qmail-newu to update the assign cdb file.

Regards,

Bill Shupp