From: Tamer Hassan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: o k <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [vchkpw] Re: maildir++ patch doesn't solve the problem
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 05:11:22 -0700

Try using courier maildrop for delivery instead of vdelivermail.

I just switched all my domains (on nfs) .qmail-default's to invoke maildrop
instead of vdelivermail also because of problems with maildirsize not being
rebuilt and/or getting really screwed up. The problem happened very randomly
and cannot be duplicated easily, but happens over days to random
accounts/domains that used vdelivermail.

I am doing this using two files in each domain directory, .qmail-default and
mailfilter (basic version no filtering), both have to be owned by vpopmail and
vchkpw, and chmod 700 or it will not work

Please let me know if there is a better way..

# cat .qmail-default
| /usr/local/bin/maildrop mailfilter

# cat mailfilter
SHELL="/bin/sh"
import EXT
import HOST
VHOME=`/home/vpopmail/bin/vuserinfo -d [EMAIL PROTECTED]

`test -d $VHOME/Maildir`
if ( $RETURNCODE == 1 )
{
   echo "Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.1.1)"
   EXITCODE=100
   exit
}

# Make sure the quota file is in place.
# Vpopmail does not create it by default.
# Vpopmail also removes it when you change the quota.
`test -s "$VHOME/Maildir/maildirsize"`
if ( $RETURNCODE == 1 )
{
   `/home/vpopmail/bin/vuserinfo -Q [EMAIL PROTECTED]

   `test -s "$VHOME/Maildir/maildirsize"`
   if ( $RETURNCODE == 0 )
   {
      `/usr/sbin/chown vpopmail:vchkpw $VHOME/Maildir/maildirsize`
      `/bin/chmod 640 $VHOME/Maildir/maildirsize`
   }
}

# Default delivery
exception {
        to "$VHOME/Maildir/"
}

I have another mailfilter template which does spam filtering with spamassassin
2.55 (w/ mysql prefs per user), which I enable only for a specific domain, or
can be modified to do per-user when invoked from user's .qmail file.

Quoting o k <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Thanks for your reply.
> But what can solve the quota update problem?
>
> >From: Charles Cazabon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >Subject: Re: maildir++ patch doesn't solve the problem
> >Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 09:14:01 -0600
> >
> >o k <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Then I patched it:
> > > cd qmail-1.03
> > > patch < qmail-maildir++.patch
> >
> >Don't. "maildir++" is broken by design and violates the letter and spirit
> >of
> >the maildir specification; it also makes the maildir unsafe for use over
> >NFS
> >without locking, which is one of the basic reasons for the existence of
> >maildir.
> >
> >Charles
> >--
> >Charles Cazabon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>