OK now I found something...
vpopmail isn't connecting to mysql server.

It gives the same error with mysql up or down.
Mysql is listening 0.0.0.0:3306

Any help?
srosa

Sérgio Manuel Rosa writes:

Hi Tom,

the perms are 600 vut that does not solved the problem.

One question, there are no tables in the vpopmail database directory. I'm going to read again the README.mysql. I might messed something in the way.

thanks
srosa