John-Mason P. Shackelford wrote:

Greetings all,

I have been fighting a problem with vpopmail & the smpt-auth patch for
several days now and feel a little lost and beaten down.

I use Netscape 7.1 to connect to my email account ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) and
use 'admin' as the username. I can retreive messages without difficulty.
When I attempt to reply, Netscape prompts me for a password. I supply
the same password I used to retreive email. After some churning, I am
presented with the password dialog again.

Hi,

I don't know if this applies to you but older Netscape clients required % instead of @ as the separator between username and domain name.

ie george%somedomain.com instead of [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Regards,

Rick