On Friday, January 23, 2004, at 11:40 PM, Jeremy Kitchen wrote:

On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 19:41, Jason Parker wrote:
FYI -
[snip]

so what's wrong with rsync?

-Jeremy

In short - I may only have one system to work with in this case (working on that)... there is still tar. I'm not storing mail and am rebuilding stuff fresh. I just wanted the user info. I haven't used vconvert before and it is not entirely clear what happens/will happen.... I don't have prior experience migrating vpopmail domains, but I assume the procedure you allude to would be to vconvert to cdb from mysql, rsync the entire domain tree to the new system and then vconvert to postgres... and there is still tar... the procedure has become more clear to me as I get closer to doing it ... still I just wanted a plain text backup... anyway, I wrote the scripts and posted them...

-jason