----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason Parker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Michael - thanks for your helpful pages
> http://www.pipeline.com.au/staff/mbowe/isp/vpopmail-postgresql.htm
> Some items here may belong on it...

> Using
>    --enable-postgres=y
> was not recognized and defaulted to use cdb
> (Is this still supported/supposed to work?)
>
> Using
> --enable-auth-module=pgsql
> worked.

OK thanks. I have updated my web-based guides now... They were lagging
behind the work I have done on the README files that are included in the
vpopmail sources.

"--enable-auth-module=pgsql" is the correct syntax to use with
vpopmail-5.4.0

> I think it was necessary to create a vpopmail user in postgres:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]: pgsql createuser vpopmail
> Shall the new user be allowed to create databases? (y/n) n
> Shall the new user be allowed to create more new users? (y/n) n
> CREATE USER

Using my guide, I dont think this is necessary, because I show how to
install vpopmail using the "postgres" db user, not a "vpopmail" db user

It would be preferable for vpopmail to run under its own db username, but
for now the guide only shows how to do it with the postgres (root) user. I
did try writing a guide to show how to use a vpopmail db username, but ran
into several problems which I could not solve with the limited amount of
time I have available to devote to this particular job.

> Finally... using the vconvert failed on a fresh db until I got vpopmail
> to create the tables by adding a new vpopmail domain. Once the new
> domain had been created, vconvert then got the data into the tables
> (despite the error reported in the other thread).

I have loaded that bug, and the vconvert one, into the sourceforge bug
tracker

Michael.