Hi,
I think a little more information is needed here. I answer a little
below...

On Sun, 2004-03-28 at 09:44, Eirik Haavik wrote:
> Hi, i am having a small problem here with vpopmail and i don`t know
> where else to turn.
> I am hoping you can point me in the right direction for finding the
> problem.
>
> First of all i innstalled qmail and vpopmail and everyting vorked fine
> for a week or two.
> But when i upgraded the kernel, vpopmail stoped being virtual, i dont
> know if i forgot som vital part or it was grscuretys kernel patch
> witch fucked up.

I don't think so, unless the authentication procedure, CRAM or whatever
was left out. But we'll find out in the logs.

> Anyway, i booted up the old kernel and vpopmail still was not virtual.
> it seems that this is not a qmail problem
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/test2# sh inst_check
> Congratulations, your LWQ installation looks good!

Since "inst_check" checks regular qmail installation, rights, folders,
etc, and not vpopmail it's not helpful.

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/test2#
>
> I don`t recive any errors in the vpopmail installation.
> but by sending mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (haavik.us beeing a virtual
> domain at the server spritux.com): ./vadddomain haavik.us
>
> ----
> Hi. This is the qmail-send program at spritux.com.
> I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
> addresses.

Ok, how about a look at the log files? Try to tail
/var/log/qmail/current and /var/log/qmail/smtpd/current
.Send an email and let's see its output.

> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. vpopmail (#5.1.1)
>
> --- Below this line is a copy of the message.

> From: "Eirik Haavik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: test fra online til haavik.us
> Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 09:08:22 +0200

> -----
>
> It seems vpopmail means that haavik.us is a alias domain of
> spritux.com
> If i create the e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] i actually get the e-mail
> message there.

How do you create that? I hope you're using vadduser (from the
vpopmail/bin folder)
Also , are you using maildir?
Have a look,
cat /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts
There should be a list of domains you're allowed to receive mail.

And ,
cat /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains
lists your created virtual domains

>            vpopmail 5.4.0
>             Current settings
> ---------------------------------------
>
> vpopmail directory = /var/vpopmail
>                uid = 89
>                gid = 89
>      roaming users = ON  --enable-roaming-users
>     tcpserver file = /etc/tcp.smtp
>     open_smtp file = /var/vpopmail/etc/open-smtp
> rebuild tcpserver file = ON  --enable-rebuild-tcpserver-file (default)
>  password learning = OFF --disable-learn-passwords (default)
>      md5 passwords = ON  --enable-md5-passwords (default)
>       file locking = ON  --enable-file-locking (default)
> vdelivermail fsync = OFF --disable-file-sync (default)
>      make seekable = ON  --enable-make-seekable (default)
>       clear passwd = ON  --enable-clear-passwd (default)
>  user dir hashing  = ON  --enable-users-big-dir (default)
> address extensions = OFF --disable-qmail-ext (default)
>           ip alias = OFF --disable-ip-alias-domains (default)
>      domain quotas = OFF --disable-domainquotas (default)
>        auth module = cdb  --enable-auth-module=cdb (default)
>           auth inc = -Icdb
>           auth lib =
>   system passwords = OFF --disable-passwd (default)
>         pop syslog = show only failed attempts
>                      --enable-logging=e (default)
>       auth logging = ON  --enable-auth-logging (default)
>
> The command ./vadddomain  shuld add a virtual domain right?  Not a
> alias domain?

Yes, vadddomain adds a virtual domain (check it out with vdominfo to see
your already created domains...).

Come back to me with the results.