Hello Jeremy, David and other ppl :-)

I guess i did not exsplain my situation good enough, so ill try even harder.

My problems started around 2 months ago, when kernel 2.4.23 came out, and it
was security alerts everywere.
I compiled up a new kernel then and after only 1-2 days i bacame aware that
my mailserver had died.
Of corse i blamed the kernel.
I had put in the grscurity patch with som chroot resritions and some proc
restrictions, but i tryed to boot the old kernel and vpopmail still would
not work.  (no i did not add the pax opions in grsecurity and i know about
the problems that seem to cause)
I thougt it my was the chroot restictions or that vpopmail needed somthing
from /proc/
I of corse tryed to add all the mailserver users to the power-user group so
the would get acsess to /proc/ (exsample: oident needs this to work)

wheel::10:root,oident,helix,theelg,qmaild,qmaill,qmailp,qmailq,qmailr,qmails
,vpopmail

That did not work out, no changes in my problem.
Sice then i of corse changed the kernel, and tryed to compleatly wipe off
qmail and vpopmail and reinstall it, a number for times with atleast 15
diffrent howto`s.
However, the problem it always the same, and is still the same.
I have several domains attatched to my little server, and it doesent matter,
if i send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] , [EMAIL PROTECTED] , [EMAIL PROTECTED]
doesent matter.. the e-mail always tryes to be delivered to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
And if [EMAIL PROTECTED] exsist then the message is deliverd to that
account, if not it bounces the mail telling me it dont exsist.

I of corse have tryed to create [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ant that adress are
tryed to be delivered to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
So it seems that vpopmail thinks all domains are alias domains for
spritux.com.
I assure you all adresses are made from /var/vpopmail/bin/vadduser
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
and all domains are added like /var/vpopmail/bin/vadddomain domain.tld
I also put up a qmail + vpopmail server on a FreeBSD server and that
mailserver still works fine.
of corse thats is a frends server, not mine.

Anyway yes i reacently recompiled vpopmail, i reinstalled vpopmail and qmail
just before i started mailing to this list.
By reinstall i mean, that i deleted /var/vpopmail,  /var/qmail, /etc/qmail,
/services/,  /package/ and /command/
Edited /etc/inittab  end removed the line
SV:123456:respawn:/command/svscanboot
Then did a full install of qmail just as described in
http://www.lifewithqmail.org/lwq.html
and installed vpopmail like this:
----
groupadd -g 89 vchkpw
useradd -g vchkpw -u 89 -d /var/vpopmail vpopmail
./configure --enable-roaming-users --enable-clear-passwd --enable-valias --e
nable-sqwebmail-pass
make
make install-strip
----
Of corse that was before i started mailing to this list.
Ive tryed setting my server to mail.spritux.com but i the message is still
tryed to be deliverd to  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Even if i do a ./vdeldomain spritux.com the server still tryes to send the
email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Beside this vpopmail and qmail works fine, i can resive mail at the domain
spritux.com and i can send mail from all domains, just not recive from other
domains that spritux.com  (and thats leaves me with "Not Virtual" as the
topic)

My best guess is i messed up a config file somewhere other that in
/var/qmail  /var/vpopmail and /etc/qmail (if thats possible?)
cause even when i say that the server name is mail.spritux.com the server
does NOT try to delviver to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  it still tryes to deliver
to [EMAIL PROTECTED] .

The info Jeremy asked for:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/var/vpopmail/bin# ./vmkpasswd haavik.us
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/var/vpopmail/bin#

That did not fix anything, nor did i atually get any output from it.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/var/vpopmail/bin# ./vmkpasswd
vmkpasswd: usage: domain
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/var/vpopmail/bin#
exespt the help tekst, if i dont put any domain behind it.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/var/vpopmail/domains# ls -la
total 24
drwx------    5 vpopmail vchkpw       4096 Mar 29 21:39 ./
drwxr-xr-x    8 vpopmail vchkpw       4096 Mar 28 16:12 ../
-rw-------    1 vpopmail vchkpw         34 Mar 29 21:39 .dir-control
drwx------    4 vpopmail vchkpw       4096 Mar 29 21:39 ankenes.org/
drwx------    4 vpopmail vchkpw       4096 Mar 29 22:37 haavik.us/
drwx------    4 vpopmail vchkpw       4096 Mar 29 22:19 spritux.com/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/var/vpopmail/domains#
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/var/vpopmail/domains/haavik.us# ls -la
total 32
drwx------    4 vpopmail vchkpw       4096 Mar 29 22:37 ./
drwx------    5 vpopmail vchkpw       4096 Mar 29 21:39 ../
-rw-------    1 vpopmail vchkpw         34 Mar 28 16:20 .dir-control
-rw-------    1 vpopmail vchkpw         54 Mar 28 16:20 .qmail-default
-rw-------    1 vpopmail vchkpw          0 Mar 29 22:37 .vpasswd.lock
drwx------    3 vpopmail vchkpw       4096 Mar 28 16:20 eirik/
drwx------    3 vpopmail vchkpw       4096 Mar 28 16:20 postmaster/
-rw-------    1 vpopmail vchkpw        227 Mar 28 16:20 vpasswd
-rw-------    1 vpopmail vchkpw       2319 Mar 29 22:37 vpasswd.cdb
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/var/vpopmail/domains/haavik.us#

There is the perms, i don`t know what they are supposed to have....

Now David asked for som info:
Yes as you see above there is one .qmail file in haavik.us domain folder

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/var/vpopmail/domains/haavik.us# cat .qmail-default
| /var/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' bounce-no-mailbox
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/var/vpopmail/domains/haavik.us#

The output of: /var/qmail/bin/qmail-showctl :
--
qmail home directory: /var/qmail.
user-ext delimiter: -.
paternalism (in decimal): 2.
silent concurrency limit: 120.
subdirectory split: 23.
user ids: 1042, 1043, 1044, 0, 1045, 1046, 1047, 1048.
group ids: 123, 124.
badmailfrom: (Default.) Any MAIL FROM is allowed.
bouncefrom: (Default.) Bounce user name is MAILER-DAEMON.
bouncehost: (Default.) Bounce host name is mail.spritux.com.
concurrencylocal: (Default.) Local concurrency is 10.
concurrencyremote: (Default.) Remote concurrency is 20.
databytes: (Default.) SMTP DATA limit is 0 bytes.
defaultdomain: Default domain name is spritux.com.
defaulthost: (Default.) Default host name is mail.spritux.com.
doublebouncehost: (Default.) 2B recipient host: mail.spritux.com.
doublebounceto: (Default.) 2B recipient user: postmaster.
envnoathost: (Default.) Presumed domain name is mail.spritux.com.
helohost: (Default.) SMTP client HELO host name is mail.spritux.com.
idhost: (Default.) Message-ID host name is mail.spritux.com.
localiphost: (Default.) Local IP address becomes mail.spritux.com.
locals:
Messages for mail.spritux.com are delivered locally.
me: My name is mail.spritux.com.
percenthack: (Default.) The percent hack is not allowed.
plusdomain: Plus domain name is spritux.com.
qmqpservers: (Default.) No QMQP servers.
queuelifetime: (Default.) Message lifetime in the queue is 604800 seconds.
rcpthosts:
SMTP clients may send messages to recipients at mail.spritux.com.
SMTP clients may send messages to recipients at spritux.com.
SMTP clients may send messages to recipients at haavik.us.
SMTP clients may send messages to recipients at ankenes.org.
morercpthosts: (Default.) No effect.
morercpthosts.cdb: (Default.) No effect.
smtpgreeting: (Default.) SMTP greeting: 220 mail.spritux.com.
smtproutes: (Default.) No artificial SMTP routes.
timeoutconnect: (Default.) SMTP client connection timeout is 60 seconds.
timeoutremote: (Default.) SMTP client data timeout is 1200 seconds.
timeoutsmtpd: (Default.) SMTP server data timeout is 1200 seconds.
virtualdomains:
Virtual domain: spritux.com:spritux.com
Virtual domain: haavik.us:haavik.us
Virtual domain: ankenes.org:ankenes.org
defaultdelivery: I have no idea what this file does.
concurrencyincoming: I have no idea what this file does.
rcpthosts.lock: I have no idea what this file does.
virtualdomains.lock: I have no idea what this file does.
locals.lock: I have no idea what this file does.
--

I really hope i managed to exsplain my problem good this thime, i am not
good at it, thats for sure.

Sinserly
Eirik Haavik