On Friday 02 April 2004 7:11 am, Iavor Raytchev wrote:
[snip]
> First code
> ----------
>
> Rick Macdougall has written a daemon for somebody and this somebody has
> agreed to open the source. This might be a starting point. Waiting from
> Rick to write back with details.
[snip]

I've been thinking about this and I think the daemon is definitly the
way to go. If Rick can't release the code I can write one. I think
the protocol could be like this:

Authentication:
<client>
open tcp connection or unix socket to deamon
send "auth [EMAIL PROTECTED] pass"
<daemon>
If not auth line close connection
else authenticate user, close connection if invalid passwd

From then on we could pass commands like:
For admin accounts:
vadduser [EMAIL PROTECTED] pass
vdeluser [EMAIL PROTECTED]
vadddomain domain postmaster-pass
vdeldomain domain

etc...

I already have server code to handle this kind of daemon
in both single threaded and multithreaded modes.

Ken Jones
inter7.com