> The daemon MUST require all connections to be authenticated, preferably
> against the vpopmail user base.
>
> user rwidmer                                      ok
> password mypassword                               ok

This is only slightly related to Rick's comments (which I think are very
good by the way), but when he says "against the vpopmail user base" exactly
what user base is he referring to?  In his example, where is the "rwidmer"
user information stored?  Is this something related to how qmailadmin (which
I know the least about re: vpopmail) does authentication?

Thanks,
Paul
--
Paul Oehler