I am moving customers over from a non-vpopmail setup authenticating off /etc/shadow
with crypt passwords, to a vpopmail setup (same box) which uses md5.

Is there any way to do this easier than:
        1. getting the cleartext passwords and re-encrypting into md5
        2. or turning on a password learning mode of the pop/imap server

Alternately is there anyway to tell vpopmail to use crypt instead of md5 "on a per domain basis".
I realize I can build vpopmail to disable md5 support (in favor of crypt), but was wondering if this
is possible on a per domain basis.

Brian

Brian Feeny, CCIE #8036         e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Network Engineer                        p: 318.213.4709
ShreveNet Inc.                          f: 318.221.6612