Thanks Charles,

These days instead of battling usr-tc's i am battling mail server stuff, but
things are going smooth with vpopmail so far, this list is a great help.

Brian

On Jul 8, 2004, at 5:35 PM, Charles Sprickman wrote:

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Brian Feeny wrote:

I am moving customers over from a non-vpopmail setup authenticating off
/etc/shadow with crypt passwords, to a vpopmail setup (same box) which
uses md5.

Brian, I haven't seen you since the usr-tch days...

This should "just work"; vpopmail uses the system crypt library, so if you
bring your existing passwords in, they should work. As people change
their passwords on the new setup, they should end up as md5 (unless your
crypt library is configured to do otherwise, not sure how that's handled
on linux).

Charles

Is there any way to do this easier than:
        1. getting the cleartext passwords and re-encrypting into md5
        2. or turning on a password learning mode of the pop/imap server

Alternately is there anyway to tell vpopmail to use crypt instead of
md5 "on a per domain basis".
I realize I can build vpopmail to disable md5 support (in favor of
crypt), but was wondering if this
is possible on a per domain basis.

Brian

Brian Feeny, CCIE #8036         e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Network Engineer                        p: 318.213.4709
ShreveNet Inc.                          f: 318.221.6612