On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Jeremy Kitchen wrote:

> On Thursday 08 July 2004 04:39 pm, Charles Sprickman wrote:
> > Just following up to myself with a related question...
> >
> > If I have a seperate update server, and the read-only server is working
> > fine, does any failure on the update server (doing relay and lastauth)
> > cause pop/imap/smtp-auth logins to fail?
>
> I believe it may if you're using auth logging and roaming users, because it
> has to update that information in the proper tables on the database server.

If anyone can definitively give me a yes/no on this one, it would be a
huge help in my troubleshooting.  Neither answer is really good news, but
that's OK.

> I always turn auth logging and roaming users off on replicated setups anyways,
> so I'm not 100% sure, but it's logical enough.

I think I'll rebuild tonight and kill the authinfo logging.  Still need
the roaming stuff, but might be able to push the few laggers to smtp-auth.
I've always hated the idea of pop-before-smtp anyway.