> I got it working, sort of. Went through the whole thing, fired up the new
> smtpd and find that while chkuser IS functioning, it's just not WORKING.
>
> I'm just running a basic qmail 1.03 install. No vpopmail, no fancy stuff.

This is a very common problem, but you posted to the vchkpw list, which is
FOR VPOPMAIL. You need to post to the qmail list for qmail-specific
questions that are unrelated to vpopmail.

A hint though: you probably need selective relaying. Read about tcp.smtp,
SMTP-Auth, and possibly the older method of roaming users support with
POP3 (check-before-send).

     -Bill

Waveform Technology
UNIX Systems Administrator