Jeremy Kitchen wrote:

On Tuesday 08 March 2005 03:35 pm, Dave Goodrich wrote:

Ken Jones wrote:

<snip>

Before I grab that (might be later this week before I can look at it),
are there any ideas/concepts for using vpopmaild with a group of
machines? I'm curious how this can add a domain. Are you able to HUP
qmail on multiple machines once a domain is added?

Well, once you connect to the vpopmail daemon on the machine, the add domain function calls the vpopmail library add domain function that does the HUP signal to qmail-send.

Understood, but what of the other three machines I have running? They all use the same control files. If I add a domain on machine A using vpopmail daemon, machine A gets to HUP qmail-send, but I cannot run vadddomain again on machines B, C, D. So I must login and run "svc -h /service/qmail-send" manually on machine B, C, and D.

the way I've handled this in the past on customer machines is to have a 'sync' script that syncs the control files (set on a cronjob.. run every 5 minutes..) and it checks timestamps and HUPs/restarts daemons accordingly.

My control files (some of them) are symlinks to NFS mounted files. I could seperate them and run rsync to pull over changes, restarting when needed. Hmmm.... Currently all machines do not run the same control files though. mailspool.tls.net is my backup MX and it has entries in morercpthosts for all our hosted domains, plus some domains that our clients provide primary MX on. So I don't want to rehup all my machines if a domain is added to mailspool.

DAve

--
Dave Goodrich
Systems Administrator