On May 25, 2005, at 9:52 AM, Payal Rathod wrote:
On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 01:10:29PM -0700, Tom Collins wrote:
On May 24, 2005, at 9:24 AM, Payal Rathod wrote:
But qmail-default is not looked at when the user has a .qmail file of
her own, maybe for forwarding mails or something like that.
What do I do in such case?

Yes it does.
[...]

You mean if I want to run a script like (easy one)
| ifspamh [EMAIL PROTECTED]
for all users I need to modify the source?

If you want the SAME string for all users in a domain, you can insert that at the top of the .qmail-default file for the domain. Qmail-local will run the email through your script before passing it to vdelivermail for local delivery.

Your script could then take the message and use the appropriate exit codes to prevent the message from getting to the local user. Your script could even forward (or store) the mail in another mailbox.

Modifying the source to vdeliermail is also an option. If, for example, you wanted to read the headers of the message and save it in a special mailbox for the domain if it's spam (or even save it in an IMAP mailbox for the user), it would best be accomplished in vdelivermail.

I have been contacted by another user about adding such a feature, and his company may be willing to sponsor development. If there are other companies who would like to see it added, please contact me off list, and perhaps I can coordinate sponsorships to keep the costs down, and get this added to future releases.

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
You don't need a laptop to troubleshoot high-speed Internet: sniffter.com