From: Ken Jones [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2005 2:56 PM
To: vchkpw@inter7.com
Subject: Re: [vchkpw] Password format?

David Erickson wrote:

Hi we are using vpopmail 5.4.6 with mysql for virtual domains.  I was

trying

to look at the source for how the passwords are crypted, I'm new to this

but

it looked like they are encrypted (with salt) md5 hashes?  I was

wondering

if there is anyway to convert them to a normal md5 digest for use in

other

programs?

It uses the standard unix crypt() function call.
Most systems now days use MD5 so the password should
start with a $1$

Ken Jones