On Friday 21 October 2005 10:45 am, Michele (System Administrator) wrote:
> Hi, my qmail installation is working fine, but when I try to send mails to
> recipients of some domains (such as libero.it), the mail is bounced back
> with this error:

1) this isn't a vpopmail question, please refer to the proper mailing list.

> Reporting-MTA: dns;myservername
> Received-From-MTA: dns;myservername
> Arrival-Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 12:59:48 +0200
>
> Final-Recipient: rfc822;[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Action: failed
> Diagnostic-Code: smtp;504 <myservername>: Helo command rejected: need
> fully-qualified hostname

well, there was some useful information that you decided to get rid of.

either your IP address doesn't have reverse dns, or your /var/qmail/control/me
has bad information in it.

Please post the full, _unedited_ output of qmail-showctl.

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Kitchen ++ [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In the beginning was The Word and The Word was Content-type: text/plain
  -- The Word of Bob.