I want to install vpopmail in /home/vpopmail. As with previous installs with older version, I was expecting a directory structure like /home/vpopmail/{bin,doc,domains,etc}, instead I received a directory structure like /home/vpopmail/vpopmail/ {bin,doc,domains,etc} (note the doubling of vpopmail in the path).

I used the following line to configure vpopmail:

./configure --disable-rebuild-tcpserver-file --enable-qmail-ext -- enable-auth-module=mysql --enable-mysql-limits --enable-sql-logging -- enable-valias --prefix=/home

After it finishes, it tells me:

vpopmail directory = /home/vpopmail/vpopmail

I also tried without --prefix and HOME=/home ./configure ... --prefix= $HOME to no avail.

How can I get the result I expected?

--
Regards, Charles.