John Simpson wrote:

On 2006-04-16, at 0050, Rick Widmer wrote:

I've just committed John Simpson's onchange patch. I've added the ability to enable it with --enable-onchange-script, and a file README.onchange.

cool... except that i've updated the patch twice today, and i'm in the process of building another patch as i type this, and one of those patch updates was because of some very real bugs in my changes to vmysql.c and vpgsql.c.

which version did you commit?

Its based on 2. 3 doesn't matter to me because you never see add-user or mod-user in an add-domain, or mod-user in an add-user.

I've also suppressed a few calls to the script that I considered redundant.

which calls, specifically, did you remove? or did you add some kind of mechanism to suppress them, and if so which ones?

The ones marked with *.

vadddomain example.com
ONCHANGE - add-domain example.com
ONCHANGE - mod-user [EMAIL PROTECTED]  *
ONCHANGE - add-user [EMAIL PROTECTED]  *

vadduser [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ONCHANGE - mod-user [EMAIL PROTECTED]  *
ONCHANGE - add-user [EMAIL PROTECTED]

vmoduser -a [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ONCHANGE - mod-user [EMAIL PROTECTED]

vdeluser [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ONCHANGE - del-user [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Note that when you mod the user, you still get a mod-user call. Its only suppressed when it is part of add-domian or add-user.

and when you did this, did you lock out the possibility of creating a domain with an initial mailbox whose name is not "postmaster" by forcing the user to assume that every "add_domain" should be considered to have an "add_user [EMAIL PROTECTED]" associated with it?

Its no worse now than it was before. Still I wouldn't hold your breath on vadddomain changing how it works. I don't support it, and I don't think any of the primary developers will either. If you can get Ken and Tom to ok it, maybe I'll change my mind, but I won't be surprised when they revoke it if I did dare to make that change.