Jianbin Xiao wrote:
if you use maildrop as your MDA,you can patch this: http://www.xiaojb.com/archives/mailtech/maildrop-vpopmail-authlib.shtml

On 4/9/07, *Egoitz Aurrekoetxea* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    Jianbin Xiao wrote:
    > It's stable.
    >
    > On 4/8/07, *Egoitz Aurrekoetxea* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
    <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    > <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>> wrote:
    >
    >     Hi all,
    >
    >     I wanted to know if vpopmail auth module in courier-imap is
    a stable
    >     project now... some people have told me you can have problems on
    >     loaded
    >     servers with this... and to use qmail pop but anyway you should
    >     use it
    >     as imap server... and this (using it as pop too) don't have
    to patch
    >     more things on my qmail sources (you know for qmail pop
    quota support,
    >     so Maildir++). So definitely I'm nowadays running vpopmail
    5.4.13 and
    >     courier-imap 4.0.2 and courier-authlib-0.55 this two last
    with of
    >     course
    >     authvchkpw module... so is this then stable?
    >
    >     Thanks a lot
    >     Have a nice day
    >

    > --
    > ===========================
    > Jianbin Xiao
    > http://www.xiaojb.com <http://www.xiaojb.com>
    Thanks a lot Jianbin and should apply any special patch for
    courier-imap
    and authvchkpw authdaemon of this to work properly with vpopmail?

--
Jianbin Xiao

thanks a lot mate

Rick the only issue of that tutorial is that it doesn't use mysql and if you try to... it would crash you... I suppose because the damn chkuser patch works or without smtp auth patch or with this patch but authenticating with cdb files.... thanks a lot you too!