Christopher Chan wrote:
Rick Widmer wrote:

Christopher Chan wrote:
Rick Widmer wrote:

Christopher Chan wrote:

Have you created the vpopmail user and vchkpw group? If not you must.

Yes, I will create they when installing the package in my destination
host. This is the why I need to get these values into the package when
building. The build host isn't my dest host.

That is a tough nut to crack. IIRC, vpopmail default uid/gid conflicts with postfix on Redhat distros.

What is the problem? Just create the group and user with different values. It doesn't matter what the number is, it just has to exist when your run ./configure.

Oh, the vpopmail uid and gid is not hardcoded into the binaries?

The uid and gid are hard coded into the bianaries by ./configure.

I cannot then use them on another host where they are different then.

A better answer would be:  No, not if they are different.