From: Eric Olsen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 2:26 PM
To: vchkpw@inter7.com
Subject: [vchkpw] Strange maildirsize problem

Hello,

I am having a problem with the way the maildirsize file is being updated
by vdelivermail.  For every message that is delivered to a given maildir
two entries are made in the maildirsize file.  The first entry that is
appended to maildirsize is always about 60 - 80 bytes less than the
second entry.  The first entry is always smaller that the actual file
size of the incoming message.  The second entry that is appended for the
message is correct; the byte count is the same as the incoming message
size.

Example:

Here is an ls -lah of the maildir:

-rw-------  1 vpopmail vchkpw  263 2008-07-02 14:07
1215025667.7254.hecate,S\=263

-rw-------  1 vpopmail vchkpw  263 2008-07-02 14:11
1215025866.8159.hecate,S\=263

-rw-------  1 vpopmail vchkpw  263 2008-07-02 14:11
1215025897.8281.hecate,S\=263

-rw-------  1 vpopmail vchkpw  268 2008-07-02 14:12
1215025944.8461.hecate,S\=268

Here is the contents of maildirsize for that maildir:

26214400S

2234 1

-2234 -1

2150 1

2215 1

2150 1

2215 1

2150 1

2215 1

2150 1

2215 1

2313 1

2378 1

-11238 -5

2164 1

2229 1

-2229 -1

2156 1

2221 1

199 1

264 1

-2485 -2

198 1

263 1

198 1

263 1

198 1

263 1

203 1

268 1

If you notice the last few entries you will see what I mean about the
duplicate byte counts added to the file.

I really haven't noticed this issue until I upgraded to vpopmail 5.4.25.
This is also occurring on two different mail servers of mine both
running the vpopmail 5.4.25.

When I download a message via POP3 the quota file gets updated properly
but because of the extra entries made when a message was delivered the
maildirsize eventually gets out of whack and vpopmail thinks the user is
over quota.

Any ideas what is going on here?  I'm thinking of downgrading vpopmail
but I am still curious if this is a bug with 5.4.25 or what the deal is?

Thank you,

Eric Olsen

Network/Systems Administrator

CyberZone, Inc.