On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 4:06 AM, Shane Chrisp <sh...@2000cn.com.au> wrote:

> What guide did you use to setup vpopmail? You should not have vchkpw setuid
> as root, it should be set as
> vpopmail:vchkpw.

  I used the README and INSTALL files that came with vpopmail to set it up.

> How about the permissions on the /home/vpopmail dir?

Permissions on /home/vpopmail are set to 755, with ownership set
to vpopmail:vchkpw

> Also
>
> :~# id vpopmail
> uid=89(vpopmail) gid=89(vchkpw) groups=89(vchkpw)

I get:

  uid=1013(vpopmail) gid=105(vchkpw) groups=105(vchkpw)

> Try running /var/qmail/bin/qmail-showctl to list the configs and allowed
> domains.

I have no clue what I'm looking for when I run qmail-showctl.  My domain
shows up there, listed under 'virtualdomains' as well as in the list of
domains from /var/qmail/control/locals and /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts.
Using cat, I note that while my domain is listed in the locals file, the
rcpthosts file, and the virtualdomains file, the virtualhosts file is empty.

!DSPAM:4af95ce532716395114762!