Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply, which is what I suspected all along - I am more than
certain something is wrong on my end, but for the life of me I can't figure it
out yet. And yes, I agree, it MUST be permission related.

As for the versions:- Fedora 12 x86- qmail 1.03 with jms1 combined patch 7.08-
maildrop 2.2.0- ezmlm-idx 7.0.2- vpopmail 5.4.28- dovecot 1.2.8- spamassassin
3.3.0 (fedora rpm)- clamav 0.95.2-5 (fedora rpm)

Basically I would say I am using the most up-to-date versions of everything..
I believe I am doing the right thing, i.e.:
1. adduser mike42. vadddomain -u mike4 test10.com 123
vpopmail creates ./test10.com directory structure just fine in /home/mike4,
with mike4:mike4 ownership all the way down. However, delivery fails which is
baffling, since vadddomain assigns ownership and permissions. I have not
modified the owenership/permissions in any way.
What I don't understand is which part fails - qmail-local unable to invoke
vdelivermail? or vdelivermail accessing the userdir? or something else (now
that you mentioned qmail-users)? At one point I thought it might be maildrop,
so I re-compiled vpopmail without maildrop but this didn't work either.
Would you have any directions as to how to enable this feature? And is there
any way to debug vdelivermail? If yes, what would be the proper method?
And just to show vpopmail works:
@400000004b153edf0b291bec new msg 206...@400000004b153edf0b292b8c info msg
206712: bytes 492 from <r...@localhost.localhost> qp 3248 uid
0...@400000004b153edf0b29335c starting delivery 7: msg 206712 to local
test1.com-postmas...@test1.com@400000004b153edf0b293b2c status: local 1/10
remote 0/1...@400000004b153eef2626edfc delivery 7: success:
LibClamAV_Error:_cl_cvdhead:_Can't_open_file_/var/lib/clamav/daily.cvd/maildrop:_non-filtered_mail_delivery/did_0+0+1/@400000004b153eef26843cb4
 status: local 0/10 remote 0/1...@400000004b153eef269386c4 end msg 206712
from the same test script, but sending to test1.com which was created simply as:
vadddomain test1.com 123
the directory structure gets created in the vpopmail home (as specified in
./configure), with vpopmail:vchkpw ownership.

Thanks,Michael.PS: Ignore the libclamav error, although I would appreciate if
anyone knows how to get rid of it.
> Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 09:41:29 -0600
> From: m...@inter7.com
> To: vchkpw@inter7.com
> Subject: Re: [vchkpw] vdeliver perimission denied for vadddomain -u

Got more than one Hotmail account? Save time by linking them together
 http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/186394591/direct/01/
!DSPAM:4b1541e432714544420887!