Dear Alessio,
Its now working fine. I am using courier imap with vpopmail-5.4.33. I have also
checked the code of maildirquota.c. It majorly depends on the recalculating
time of quota not on the size (5120 bytes or more) of emails. If we reduce this
time it will results load in the server. It is set as 15 minutes for the
optimum load on the server.

When I have use IMAP then it updates the quota at the same time. When I use POP
then it updates the quota after 15 minutes. Currently I am conducting more
tests  to understand the working of this vpopmail.

Regards,
Salman...

> Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 10:21:07 +0100
> From: ales...@skye.it
> To: vchkpw@inter7.com
> Subject: Re: [vchkpw] maildirsize problem
>
> Il 01/03/2011 10:07, Salman Riaz ha scritto:
> > Dear Matt,
> >
> > I have tested the new vpopmail-5.4.33. When I use pop protocol to
> > download the emails then it does not update the maildirsize file. When I
> > have check the email via IMAP it shows no email but still quota is
> > showing some usage.... Can you please advice me regarding this?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Salman...
>
> Hi Salman,
>
> for pop3 or imap what daemon are you running? I'm using vpopmail 5.4.33
> and dovecot without problem.
>
> Try to reset the file maildirsize ":>
> /home/vpopmail/domains/dom.com/user/maildirsize" and after re set the
> quota with "~vpopmail/bin/vmoduser -q100M u...@dom.com"
>
> --
> Alessio Cecchi is:
> @ ILS -> http://www.linux.it/~alessice/