I can't speak to issue with 2.3, since it's unreleased, but 2.2.1 is stable
enough for production use.  If you'd like to post some of details of what
you encountered, I'm sure the list can help.

Regarding the last point ("You don't have access to any environments"),
make sure that your images are in groups (Manage Images --> Edit Image
Grouping) and that the image groups have access to at least one Computer
Group containing some of your VMs (Manage Images --> Edit Image Mapping).
 I like to use the "checkbox grid" tab in both of those screens for the
best overview.  Once that's done, your admin user should be able to make a
reservation.

Regards,
Mike

--