thanks michael.

will

On 06/25/2012 09:58 AM, Michael Jinks wrote:
Hi Will.

I believe that VCL requires manually assigning MAC addresses when you
generate the VM records -- you must use the multi-add page under "Add
Computers", and have it assign a range of MAC addresses.

Note that VMware uses two ranges of MAC addresses: one range for those
it auto-generates, and one for those assigned by the user.  I believe
that VCL sets the MAC address of the VM at each deployment time, which
would mean that you can't just let VMware generate the MACs and then
list them in the database afterward; you must use something from the
manual range.

We chose two ranges under 00:50:56:xx:xx:xx, one for each of our private
and public-facing net segments.

I've read at least one doc that refers to this being the "easiest" way
to set up your VM network, but after lots of experimenting I think it's
actually the only way.

Good luck,
-m