David Bustos wrote:
> Quoth LingBo Tang on Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 09:15:18AM +0800:
>> Nigel Smith wrote:
>>> It seems you cannot (always) immediately follow Alt-F#, by another
>>> Alt-F# and get the next console. Sometimes it works, but other times
>>> it just displays ^[[22# (Where # represents a digit)
>>>
>>> (It seems that after you press Alt-F#, you need to press a different
>>> key, before it will accept another Alt-F#)
>> You can not press one key for next hot-key sequence.
>> For instance, you need to release "Alt" firstly before "Alt-F2".
>> This is a typical usage in Solaris.
>
> I don't understand how that would be typical.  Please explain.

I agree with David this seems wrong.  It also if I remember correctly is
different to the behaviour on Linux.

It is also different to the behaviour of GNOME when you have hotkeys
programmed to switch between workspaces.  I have <shift>F? where ? is
the workspace number and I can (and do) keep the shift key pressed and
flick between workspaces.   I'd expect virtual consoles to work the same
way.

--
Darren J Moffat