Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> C.Y.M wrote:
>> ... [ problem with A/V desync ]
>> I would have to say that this is exactly the same thing I have been
>> experiencing
>> for years and years.  But, this never happens with budget cards.. only
>> FF cards.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean here. Budget cards can't replay,
> so it's clear that this problem can't happen with them.
>
> Or are you saying that this only happens with recordings
> made from FF cards, and not with recordings made from
> budget cards? Both, of course, replayed via a FF card.

What I was trying to say is that the recordings are not damaged.  They seem to
playback fine with a software decoder on both FF and budget cards. I think that
Udo has brought up a very good point about why mplayer is "immune" to the a/v
desync problem when just using mpegpes to forward the video to the FF dvb card.

BR.