On 09/03/07 23:57, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> En/na Rolf Ahrenberg ha escrit:
>> On Mon, 3 Sep 2007, Luca Olivetti wrote:
>>
>>> why don't you take maintainership of the plugin, release a full tarball,
>>> and be done with it?
>> Because I don't want it. The plugin needs a complete rewrite and there's
>> no point to do it before Klaus has integrated necessary parts into VDR's
>> core (OSD handling, subtitles menu/key, ..)
>
> ...subtitles recording...
>
>> that's hopefully next sunday

Well, I`m not sure about that - but it won't be too long ;-)

DVB subtitles will be fully integrated in the next developer
version, thanks to Marco Schlüßler who povided the main parts
of the DVB subtitle handling. There are just a few remaining
issues that need to be solved before I'll release it.

>> :) I don't even had any ttxtsubs channels available for years and been
>> just maintaining the plugin for my friends by doing as little as it
>> requires... and besides, I've been getting those damn bug reports
>> already, but been able to reject them by saying I'm not the maintainer!
>
> fair enough
>
>> I'd like to see the ttxtsubs (and closed captions) integrated into core
>> VDR before the next stable release as they are IMO essential features
>> that should work out-of-box.
>
> I hope Klaus is listening ;-)

Once DVB subtitles are fully working. ttxt subtitles will be next.
I haven't looked into the code of the ttxt subtitle plugin, yet, but
currently my idea is to convert the ttxt subtitles into DVB subtitles,
so that VDR only needs to handle one type of subtitiles for recording
and live viewing.

Klaus