> Hi,
>
> Using my PS3 as a vdr client is also my target. But I experienced bad
> (de-)interlacing when watching SD TV using SD output (even with right
> resolution). I am now waiting the new HV xorg driver to have more control
> on
> the video than the already available fb blit mechanism. I did rewrite the
> fb
> driver of xinelib to enhace it with ps3 blit functionality and virtual fb
> but
> it did not improve the output quality. By the way, the PS3 have a
> colorspace
> issue to display the OSD with proper color palette under the fb. (X is not
> affected by this)
>
> Actually I am using streamdev and xineliboutput together.
> Xineliboutput is good to pilot the server side from any linux based
> system.
> Streamdev + FF card + vdr is the best deal for client device (I am using
> this
> solution over wifi and it works like a charm)
> Streamdev + m3u patch is ideal to use VLC with playlist and allow Win OS
> access the TV programs.

Hi,
I would like to use my PS3 as vdr client as well.
I'm currently using xineliboutput for my other client (on a standard PC), so
this would be my first choice, but I've no problem to switch back to
vdr-xine (which I used in the past - with the network patch... I moved to
xineliboutput just because I don't want to patch xine-lib everytime
anymore..)

 Can you give more details of what are you using on your PS3?

Thanks,
Graziano