Matthias Schwarzott schrieb:
> I thought bind mount does work on even older kernels, still shouldn't
> a symlink work too?
Need to re-check - guess i mix something here. Some bind mount features
only start working properly at 2.6.26+ (bind mount ro, move etc). Bind
mounting readonly some directory makes full disk read only, but thats
not required anyway here.
> So I did setup lvm on my harddisks and made my video partition a
> logical-volume that can span as many harddisk as I let join the volume group.
> Still some time ago I had a setup using vdr's own support for multiple disks
> as you use it.

On LVM how does one know which disk will be used ? thats the main
advantage - that all "handling data" is on slow, low power, silent, cool
harddisk, real data gets on the big ones.
> So I suggest you mount your disks somewhere else
> (like /mnt/large1 /mnt/large2) and then do bind mounts or symlinks
> from /var/lib
>
> # mount /dev/disk1 /mnt/large1
> # mount /dev/disk2 /mnt/large2
>
> # mkdir /mnt/large1/video
> # mkdir /mnt/large1/video
>
> # mount --bind /mnt/large1/video /var/lib/video.01
> # mount --bind /mnt/large2/video /var/lib/video.02

Will test that